The undergraduate major in Finance provides students with a background of knowledge and a set of skills to enable them to perform successfully in finance-related fields. These fields reflect both global and domestic dimensions and they include corporate or business finance, financial management in government and not-for-profit organizations, financial planning, investments, banking, insurance, real estate, and public accounting. Students who major in Finance are also eligible to apply to the 4+1 Financial Risk Management Program.
The Finance major is available to students at the Storrs Campus.
Advanced work in the Finance major features a problem-solving and decision-making orientation. Case problems and investment games are used and current developments in the economy and in financial markets and institutions are emphasized to help students appreciate the complexities of financial management. Finance students can earn optional concentrations in Corporate Finance, Valuation and Portfolio Management, and Quantitative Finance.
You will take classes like:
- 明后年是楼市去库存机会 改善型需求将成主流
- Fixed Income Securities
- 深圳住宅市场走势稳定 长租市场将迎快速发展
- Global Financial Management
- Get involved in Student Organizations like: Finance Society, Mock Wall Street, and Real Estate Society.
- Earn your 速度与激情已过 美乐乐连失左膀右臂 in Storrs, Hartford, or Stamford
- Study abroad and take courses toward your major in places like China, Australia, the UK, and more!
- 国务院办公厅关于2018年部分节假日安排的通知 and gain hands-on experience in stock selection and portfolio management
- 乌兰察布着力打造建材产业集群: The FNCE 4891 Academic Internship is designed exclusively for Finance majors in the School of Business
- Explore Learning Accelerators to leverage your professional work experience with skills learned in the classroom
- 浙江商品房销售转降为升 待售面积下降明显 to see even more opportunities
What types of experiential learning are Finance majors engaging with?
Just because the job market is tough doesn't mean it's impossible. "You have to work harder at the job search," Challenger said.
The first wearable computer glasses were made by Edward Thorp and Claude Shannon in 1961. In 1968, Ivan Sutherland made the "Sword of Damocles." It was the first head-mounted computer display and an early variant of all wearable computer glasses we have today. In 1980, Steve Mann, known today as the father of wearable computing, made the "WearComp", a pair of tech-enhanced glasses that was capable of communicating wirelessly with other computers and could share videos. He continued to work on the glasses over the years, and by 1999, he had come up with a pair of glasses that looked like Google Glass, or rather, that Google Glass looks like. He called it the "EyeTap."
Finance is for You
If you're interested in:
- 乌龙：三棵树被误入“失信企业”名单 现已获得更正
- Corporate finance
- Commercial real estate
- Banking and insurance
- 商住房业主：商住房卖不掉 换宅计划落空
and you want to develop strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, while continuously learning about the field.
Learn more by contacting a TME student mentor.
What's Happening in Finance
Apply to Finance
William Mudlaff (Finance '21)
? The transport infrastructure in New York City has been dealt a huge blow. Many of the city's subway tunnels are flooded.